Friday, January 06, 2006

New Years Resolutions

Happy New Year! I am free of the semester from hell, and the new and improved semester from hell has not yet begun, so it is time to indulge in a little goal setting. This year I have decided that I am going to have all my students set goals for the year with deadlines, and then I am going to post them on the wall outside my office so we can keep track of how we are doing. A little public shame can be a good thing.

Here are my goals for 2006:

Submit at least 4 manuscripts for publication on which my post-doc advisor is NOT a co-author. Three of these are chapters from the dissertations of my two students who are trying to finish. They are in really raw form, though. The fourth is a final progress report that is written and is in pretty good shape, although I will have to do a lot of re-writing.
Write a CAREER proposal. Still thinking of a good topic.
Write a proposal to HRF
(if they ever put out their RFP). Have a good topic for this.
Write at least one additional NSF proposal. Still thinking of a good topic.
Get Saphira to work (get two important methods to work on her). Saphira is my new instrument. I call her Saphira because of her sapphire blue casing.
Have regular lab group meetings (which I didn't do last semester because I was so crazy).
Prepare my junior student for his qualifying exam.
Continue my BUFF meetings.
Take my kids camping in the Rockies.
Don't let my husband's negativity get me down.
Enjoy life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home